Seite 2 von 3 ErsteErste 123 LetzteLetzte
Ergebnis 21 bis 40 von 46

Thema: applicants of quantitative finance for winter 2013/14

Good Evening All,

I cant seem to find the GMAT code for the program? Any Ideas?

I couldn't find it either; only the GRE code. qfin@wu.ac.at should have the answer.

From what I found out, we don't need to know it because as one sits in front of the exam, he/she is given a drop down menu of universities and programs. From there, we are ought to choose the universities to which GMAC will send score reports, in this case WU - QFIN.

Tuition fee for WU!?

Does anybody know how much will tuition cost for non-EU students at WU? It is stated that it's € 363 per semester for all (except the 3rd world country) but I am not sure is this valid amount for 2013/14 winter semester..

Hello everyone!!

I have a question concerning documentation required for admission to the QFin program. Does the "Official curriculum of the relevant Bachelor's program" have to include the description of the courses I've passed, or I can just list the courses without providing their content.

It's kinda urgent, so thank you in advance

Hello everyone,

I have also some questions regarding admission for Qfin master program. Is it obligatory to send the official curriculum of bachelor's program along with other necessary documentation when applying for this master program? Also, to which e-mail address should my professors send recommendation letters? Or, can I send them instead of professors?

Looking forward for any response.

@ CautioN757
    I guess they dont ask for detailed description of every course, though a few lines would suffice. However, I thought every bachelor program has its official curriculum posted somewhere (either official website of the university or the program website itself). In my case, I just downloaded the official curriculum from the program website - it's a 1 page document that lists the courses in each year and semester I have covered throughout my undergrad studies.

@ SanelaB
    Don't you use the online application tool? Official curriculum is necessary but I don't think you should send anything to any email address. Recommendations letters, along all other documents required, should be uploaded via the online application.

Cheers

Dear Patatrac,

Thank you for your response. I have also found following information:

"Reference letters:

For a complete application at least two reference letters have to be provided. Using the online application tool, specify only the contact details (name and email address) of the individuals willing to provide reference letters.

Reference letters must be sent to office@vgsf.ac.at before the end of the application period by the individuals providing the references."

at http://www.wu.ac.at/prospective/en/a...hd/phdfin/appl

Does it apply for all online applications (e.g. for Qfin Master Program) ? It made me really confused! Please Help!

Dear Sanela,

You are obviously reading at the wrong place. Plus, the email you quote is not the QFIN Program contact email, it is obviously the VGSF (Vienna Grad School of Finance) email. The correct email you can use to submit any questions is qfin@wu.ac.at

On another note, here's a quote I found for you:

I forgot to upload some documents. Can I email the missing ones?
    No. All documents have to be uploaded using the online application tool. Documents sent via email will not be accepted. Please check if all necessary documents were uploaded before submitting your online application.

source: http://www.wu.ac.at/qfin/faq

My guess: once you get the recommendation letter from a professor (assuming he has all contact details indicated on the letter) you only scan to PDF and upload to the online application tool. If they (people from WU) need to authenticate, they will probably use the contact details indicated on the letter. That's my guess.

I hope that sorts it out. Cheers.

Patatrac,

I have noticed that the mentioned e-mail is the VGSF (Vienna Grad School of Finance) email, but too much information regarding submission process made me really confused .

Thank you very much, you helped me a lot!

Then you should have noticed that the page you quoted refers to the PhD in Finance not the Master Program

Anyway, im glad I can be of help. Best of luck with application! You got 5 days before the deadline?

Yeah, I didn't notice that it referes to Phd program maybe because I'm under pressure of tight deadline. As you said, I got only 5 days before deadline. You have also applied for this program or? Thank you!
    Geändert von SanelaB (02.03.2013 um 22:01 Uhr)

Yep, I apply for the same program
    Wish you luck with the application!!

Cheers, A.

Cool! Wish you also the best of luck! And I hope we will meet one day, as colleagues of course!

Introducing myself

Hi Guys
    I just completed my application for the MSc Qfin.This would be my second masters. I have a Bachelor in Electrical Engineering from PEC University of Technology, India and a Msc Finance from ESC Rouen, France. I have also cleared CFA L1 and L2 exams.I got a good score in GRE and high grades in msc Fianance.Unfortutnately my undergrad gardes are pathetic(6.8/10). I am hoping that they would select me
    I hope that we all meet at Wu this fall.

Vinayak

hi!
    is there anybody who submitted their application before second deadline and still havent got any answer at all or am I the only one?
    regards

I applied before the first deadline and I found out December 10th. Have you heard back since posting?

Hello!
    Several days ago, I was notified that I must send the official curriculum of my degree program to the QF Program's mail address. And I did send the required document 3 days ago, but I did not receive any confirmation. Is this normal or do I have to worry about this?

Zitat Zitat von VladAlex Beitrag anzeigen
    Hello!
    Several days ago, I was notified that I must send the official curriculum of my degree program to the QF Program's mail address. And I did send the required document 3 days ago, but I did not receive any confirmation. Is this normal or do I have to worry about this?
    You can start worrying after 3 months...

They aren't the best at confirming with applicants about anything related to the application process other than their final decision, so no news, at the moment, is good news. Had the same concerns when sending my "Acceptance Deposit." You'd think they would send some confirmation regarding that, but go figure.

Seite 2 von 3 ErsteErste 123 LetzteLetzte